Interior Decorating is NOT the same as interior design, although interior design may include all the aspects of home decorating. Home Decorating includes and does not include the following:
Decoration is the furnishing or adorning of a space with fashionable or beautiful things.
In practice, interior designers may also decorate, but interior decorators do not design.
- Furniture Selection (basic, non-custom, in stock with delivery within 4 weeks)
- Furniture Layout
- Paint Color Selection
- Lighting (free-standing or basic installation. i.e. no recessed lighting or specialty installation lighting)
- Accessory Selection & Placement
- Ready-made Window Treatments – drapes, valances, cafe curtains, etc.
Any projects over a $5,000 material budget will be considered “Interior Design” and will be charged accordingly.
Holiday and Event decorating is also available throughout the year.
DOES NOT Include:
- Flooring – tile, carpet, hardwood, engineered wood, etc.
- Tile work – backsplash, fireplace, bathroom, shower, etc.
- Specialty and Recessed lighting
- Furniture – New Custom or Reupholstery
- Custom Window Treatments – Custom valance, cornice, drapes, curtains, shades, blinds, etc.
- Fabric selections – custom bedding, furniture, window treatments, pillows
Determine the size and scope of the project
Clients will fill out the “New Client Form” on the contact page and will be contacted to set up a meeting date & time.
Interview and meeting with client(s)
Post Vintage Design will come to your home to discuss the current conditions of the project space and what you would like to achieve. Notes, pictures, and all measurements will be taken of the space. We will discuss color, furniture, and accessory concepts along with looking at inspirational design pictures to determine your personal style. Fees and hours may also be discussed. This is your time to ask any and all questions or discuss any concerns.
Research design options
During this next step you can sit back and relax. Post Vintage will come up with design options which may include material samples. Some clients choose to be more involved by adding additional consultations. The additional consultations may be held at furniture, accessory, and/or fabric stores.
Design and budget plan
Once design materials and options have been determined a concept board and/or drawings will be shown to the client(s) to bring the project to life. At this time we will make any changes necessary to accomodate the budget and/or design concept.
Final selection of materials and finishes
This will be the last time the designer or client(s) may make any changes prior to signing any contracts or material and labor contracts.
After all the material and labor contracts have been signed, date(s) and times for the project will be set up. Post Vintage will provide a detailed schedule and make arrangements to be at the clients house to make sure everything goes according to plan.
Clean up and finishing details
Home decorating can sometimes be a messy process, depending upon the scope of the project. Post Vintage will help with the clean up and finish off all the little details to make your vision a reality!